Sunday, August 21, 2022

Rocky Mountain Road Trip Day 16

 Well, this is it folks. We flew out of Edmonton the same day the pope flew in. The security lines were longer than expected, but we had no problems. We were excited to have snagged 2 window seats for our return flight. Alas, David lost their window seat when bumped to the front of the plane for unaccompanied minors. We switched Lucas and David, so that Lucas could profit from the extra leg-room in the bulkhead seat. Nonetheless, Michael still had his window seat. Kind of.

We finally got home and the garden had survived the 16 days without us. Rogue cherry tomato plants were flourishing anywhere I hadn't put cardboard down to control the weeds.

Before
After

I was super impressed with how well the trip went. Two weeks in the back seat of a car and there were no major fights. Within minutes of being home, Lucas and David were playing video games with each other. I am so happy that we were able to take this adventure together. All three are old enough that they should remember this trip for the rest of their lives. I certainly will. I was also pleasantly surprised that my 48 year old body managed to keep up and there were no major aches or pains to slow me down. My one foot did get a sharp pain after the day of walking in Vancouver which did impact my hiking afterwards, but it was gone after a couple days rest. My fitbit tells me that I walked 289,649 steps and covered 195km by foot. The car rental invoice says we drove 3328km.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic adventure. Due to being very well organized no doubt. Thanks for letting us all share it vicariously!!!